@Dear JoJo @Joannie - it is so sad to read your lines and I was...

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @Dear JoJo @Joannie - it is so sad to read your lines and I was also reminded of how the initial break-up of this thread happened, the then originator (who I was trying to ease into the discussion on washing machines or similar), is now attacking me on another thread - I am beginning to think that social media isn't such a good idea to be participating in.
    However, I have noticed your positive messaging about your daughters - that is so great to hear.
    Believe you me, life isn't easy for many people and yet it is a gift and we need to keep looking for the good moments.
    I am sick because of my girl dying 3 years ago (and before that - but many years earlier - my truly wonderful husband had died) - and I have had to struggle ever since I hit these shores. At the moment i have a new friend who is also part of a small society of people of 4 or 5 around a guru and if you don't play according to his rules, which are are ill-defined yet full of philosophical questioning, you are just doing 'conversation' and not worthy of the 'forum'. I have been annoyed about this petty thing for quite a while, because I like the person who introduced me to them - on-line only so far. It's almost like a cult, but I have decided tonight, it is not for me, and I'll lose a new friend over this, which is really sad.

The few 'adventures' I've had with men, after my husband died, did nothing to help - most older people are disillusioned or are still seeking that magical 'beauty' or 'pot of gold' and above all are convinced THEY are the gift all women are waiting for. (You are lucky if you are married to a good man!).
    ... and one of my girls has cut herself off completely from all the family - and I just looked through all my photos which show that we had many good times, she is always smiling or carrying on . . . .i really don't know what went wrong, except jealousy of sorts of her sister, her niece even. She seems warm, but lacks true empathy - maybe being childless made her so.

I'll try to have a good night, slept well last night, and I wish the same for you: if you still have my number, please call me, if you think a talk could help.
    XXXX
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.