@Joannie - I have been listening to the news this morning about...

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @Joannie - I have been listening to the news this morning about the dying in the world and later about this awful tragedy in Perth, Floreat.
    So parting of a violent nature, either self-inflicted or by misfortune is always a huge tragedy and the survivors carry it with them for the rest of their lives. The thing is they usually have to keep that pain to themselves after a while, because no-one wants to hear about something which affects us all - eventually.

Human parting is not the same as arriving - I had to think about this carefully when my husband died so suddenly. I was literally struck dumb for an entire day, the shock was so great - a bit easier with S. because it was expected - yet I now consciously stop myself from talking even to my remaining daughter about it - it's painful for her.

She spent most of yesterday with me and it was lovely - she is over 60 and has gone back to university to 'do music' in company with 18-21 year olds - she is very slim, dresses in modern clothes, no makeup whatsoever, but she does look older in a new-agey way.
    Yesterday she even played (my newly tuned!) piano - she has to learn basic music theory and playing the piano is part of that course, and I was amazed she could display the music on her 'Notebook' computer, put it on the stand etc. Her main instrument is the fiddle, of course, and she makes a good sound on it, which is the hardest part. And she still has to make a living and works!
    I am writing this to you as you are in a similar age group
    and there is also my new musical friend - the Irishman who sings - he is learning new songs from U-Tube etc.- educating himself, as he only had a very basic education as a farm boy in Ireland and not a good one by the sounds of it - violent teachers, that sort of thing. He isn't a youngster either, had to do a 'man's work' from age 10.

Life isn't fair, but it is what we choose to make it.
    XX
    Tau
    ❤️

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.