Only just completed the daring mission, there were a few...

1. 24,357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Only just completed the daring mission, there were a few slippery dips, a bit like the Royal Show tongue.png
    Where the water come in, is a mystery, so I'll have to assume it was due to too many hailstones in one of the valleys, fingers crossed.

Your husbands trade, pretty much explains how he seemed to be an all rounders for many projects, that I've seen you mention at times.
    I expect your husband would have been a good person to meet, a lot to talk about.

Part of my apprenticeship included 6mths in the drawing office and the person in charge seeing my progress, kept saying, why don't I do that for a trade.
    Late teens or maybe 20 then, which is when I drew up our first house plans.
    The house even then was big, but I probably did around half the work myself, including becoming the carpenter for doing the roof, facias and under eaves etc.
    The rest was subcontracted out.
    Most of that was by myself and by Jo, green jarrah big timbers, certainly have some wait in them, and it was all hammer and nail then, no fancy nail guns lol.
    It was all W/Ends and after work.
    We got it to the roof timbers up and on, with our own money, both were working then and lived in a flat for 2 yrs, the build time.
    Then we borrowed the rest, which was only 12,500.00, which I had to argue like crazy with the bank, as he said I was dreaming, to think I could complete it for that amount.
    So it was game on, I came back with all the quotes and let him have it lol.
    OH he says, what about the likes of carpet, window coverings, furniture etc and I said Look mate, I'll sit on a fruit box if I have to, all that can come later. smile.png
    What it meant, they simply wanted to tie us up with more money.
    The stupid part about it all, we owned the 9 acres which was worth more than what we wanted to borrow, so there was certainly no risk for them.
    -------------
    "smoker was his undoing IMO"

Of possible interest in that regard, I smoked somewhat at first from age 11-12 and that ramped up over the years, until only around 12mths ago.
    Due to an event which I won't go into much, but in short when turning over in bed, I would effectively black out for a split second.
    Hence that involved numerous test and one of these was an ultrasound of all arteries at the side of the neck etc.
    The person doing it said, oh my I envy you, as everything showed up very good, no build up etc, which surprised me.
    My son who knows more about nutrition etc than me, put it down to the type of food I eat.
    I'm not sure about that, as there is very little I like, and I rarely have fruit.
    I was a hard worker and for most of my life, I've only been around 55kg's, now 60 ish.
    25 yrs in the roofing game = a lot of up's and downs on the ladder, so maybe that's the cause of good veins and hard work?

Anyway, I finally got the Doctor to stop playing games with all these various test, and do what I was initially wanting (the gut feeling), an MRI, where you spend 20 mins in a mongrel tunnel, with hoots and toots going off as loud as, as you slowly pass through. lol.
    BUT, I will leave that story there.

A person I worked with doing farm fencing for 5 yrs, kept plodding along until his 80's, I just went to his funeral a few days ago, he was 2 days passed his 92nd birthday, his being the day after mine.
    The good new there was, his 2 daughters of 4 kids, flew over from the East for his 92nd and to get him into a more intensive care, of which he only spent 2 nights in, which would have suited him.
    The daughters were around 1hr into their flights home, and got the call, hence they flue back.
    The doctors if you can believe it (?), said covid finished him off.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.