@wotsup : on shingles - it is pretty dreadful - and EVERYONE,...

1. 18,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    @wotsup : on shingles - it is pretty dreadful - and EVERYONE, please get the shot;
    re my friend: I didn't see my old friend on a daily basis, they live in country WA - I live in Perth - so half-yearly visits - and a formerly gregarious and friendly man turned into a recluse, because he had sleepless and painful nights etc. due to shingles, but I didn't see it close-up.
    He is back to his normal gregarious self, but it took a good 2 years to deal with Shingles. Apparently you need a repeat shot, too, I shall ask next time I see my doc.

A few people still read and respond on here, @NoBoDe is no longer interested, that much I know, but he always advises me to not take it so seriously - I am a bit compulsive, so will still look in from time to time - today an old friend (@Veritas2000) gave me upticks - I know he is carrying a burden, like I do - still - it never goes away - - - hugs Veritas? what.pngsmile.png
    One thing I did learn in my old age, on social media people are pretty careless about their friendships etc. whereas in real life, if there is a falling out, it is fairly easy to apologise, give each other a hug and things are o.k. again - on social media there is no touch, look, smile, tear etc. visible - just the written word. On HotCopper, on almost any subject you care to mention; there is also a culture of being controversial, sometimes turning into abuse, which infects the milder threads as well.
    Take care
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.