@Margaret63 - probably nowadays, when people have become so...

1. 18,094 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    @Margaret63 - probably nowadays, when people have become so conscious of their rights - and seeing law suits of all kinds paraded on TV as well - there are many suits brought for negligence. If I had known about it, I could have sued the hospital administration for the death of my husband, because the doctor who was rostered 'on' for duty early that Monday morning (4:30 am), when my husband was brought in with a suspected heart attack, well, the doctor had gone home and had told the remaining 2 nurses to call him should they need him . . . I overheard that said very casually when my neighbours picked me up after my husband had died from his heart attack and the doctor had arrived hurriedly, just to supervise his last moments.
    I was too distressed, numbed, inattentive - but remembered it much too late. This doctor was rostered as 'on' but had gone home to take a nap.
    This happened at a major hospital in Perth in 1993. 2 years ago I told this to my present GP, who, it turns out had done some of his student years at that hospital and he was astonished. I suspect he didn't believe me.
    Too late - and it's no good being resentful! It achieves nothing, just heartache and wrinkles . . . .
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.