@nugett thanks for your message - @NoBoDe looks in on this...

1. 18,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    @nugett thanks for your message - @NoBoDe looks in on this thread now and then - he is getting stronger day by day - we are still in contact by phone regularly, I still enjoy his now 'sober' telling of his life's little stories - he is a clever man with lots of talent -
    (so are many btw. except we often become aware too late in life . . . - I believe humanity's great saving grace will be our ability to sing, play music, paint, act, build, invent, appreciate beauty, art etc. - not our destructive tendencies)

Thought about why I left 'home' just recently (have made new friends, real life once this time, which makes you introspective) - probably because I have experienced the aftermath of WWII (I am an old lady) - was a gifted scholar, parents pleasant but unaware they could have got scholarship for me, so was professionally bored frustrated - left for England as an 18-year old - learnt English really well, at a Cambridge-conducted course, worked in a hospital, as a dining-room waitress (eventually 'Consultants' Dining-Room Waitress' haha that was a promotion!) - then wanted to go to France to repeat the process of language learning, but re-met with boyfriend from earlier on - and we decided to just 'see the world' - the rest is too long, but I have seen a fair bit of the world, also many parts of Australia - will try and see a little more of Australia before I say my good-bye . . .
    Lesson: live life to the full of your ability, daily - you never know how long you've got!!
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.