@wotsup the Lion will have its day again - but is now suffering...

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    @wotsup the Lion will have its day again - but is now suffering the fate the general lithium sector is suffering from - there is big doubt out there who will be the producer of cheap cars. In my book, it will be the Chinese, they are, however, at this point still producing (and selling) more ICEs (Internal combustion engines) than electric cars. With their housing downturn, it might be some time, before their domestic market will be buying new cars, too.

There are still battery issues as well as pricing issues for the new technology, hence there is buyer resistance. The only people I know are a total of one couple where both drive an electric vehicle, but they are still expensive and the resale value is not guaranteed, an important factor when dishing out anything from $36 000 to $60000 for a new car.
    My guess is, it will be the Chinese who will come up with cheaper pricing - and since they are the greatest buyers of Australian lithium, anyone holding those shares will be rewarded - the Lion will roar again, but patience is needed. I have bought a small parcel again in Lion - it's been good to me - and at these prices, I reckon they are a bargain.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.