Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-11892

1. 18,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187
    pic - you are lucky to like wearing a lot of clothes - I don't - was considering getting a genuine piece of fur wrap this morning, during my usual morning coffee and ABC Classics session.

I just found out it costs me $10 in electricity every day, just to keep this place reasonably warm, but never really cosy and lit and I do like to light my three beautiful chandeliers, two genuine crystal, the other- in my bedroom - just a candelabra-type thing.

I have never done this costing exercise before, as I never have any bills in the summertime due to solar panels, so I always thought: - "well the cost-free summer makes up for the winter bills!". I also cook with electricity, being so far out from town that I have no 'town gas'.

Sadly, in the winter a very big marri tree in my backyard casts his shadow across the solar panels - and it's one of two marri trees which is healthy - the others are slowly dying - so there is no way I will cut it down. A lot of retirees here in W.A. either travel in winter or go north in their caravans. .

I had a wonderful day yesterday - had lunch with youngest daughter at Fremantle markets (at the crepe store) and was amazed how sophisticated this once primitive market has become - there is one stall which sells nothing but expensive teas from bush plants ($25 a small tin) which is all decked out in black and sports two large crystal chandeliers.

Lots of handicrafts, one special side stall outside the market, which used to be a furniture store, now has nothing but Australiana, some of which is really good, especially the books for children, of which I will get some when going overseas; lots of hats, too - and saw some nice ones!

But the main event was a movie we went to see. It was called 'Ophelia' at the Luna cinema on Essex Street and I can recommend it to all the ladies here on HC - and the gents too, if they want to please their lady. It is a beautiful film and it tells a fantasy of what 'Ophelia' was really all about in Shakespeare's 'Hamlet', with beautiful and also good actresses in amazing hair styles, most likely wigs, a wonderful water lily pond a la Millais in which Ophelia drowns. Amazingly - I won't tell the finish - not everyone dies as in Shakespeare's play.

So I have missed out on a lot on HC, it seems, particularly Barg's amazing adventure in Afghanistan - more please!!
    .... and NBD has broken into verse, not all his own, but some - I recognise the signature by now. ..... and big E is getting better, so is Margaret - congrats, ladies.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.