If I could return to earth and took up teaching, I would select...

1. 28,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    If I could return to earth and took up teaching, I would select something very very very different from Economics. What was I thinking??? I absolutely never aspired to taking on teaching. I fell into it.

Ceramics teacher? Art teaching? Needlework? hmmmmm Kids put their earphones in and happily jig along to the music. Then they enter my classroom and told to remove their music. They needed to know about the Terms of Trade, the GDP and its composition, the Balance of Payments.....yes, of course they did. lol

I could see the word passing in through one ear and straight out the other. Most times, my words floated across the heads and didn't even have momentary brain connection. Students think they can learn by osmosis...."the gradual, often unconscious, absorption of knowledge or ideas through continual exposure rather than deliberate learning" Yeh, right. I told them their expectation of being able to pass Economic exams via osmosis was virtually impossible.

Facial expression revealed all - VACANT.....as in Nobody is Home.

I exaggerate. I did have a student in my Economics class who topped or within 0.05% of Victoria's students for the year. He has gone on to great things. He was very clever and excelled at many thing. I follow his career even now. I once took half a mark off on one of his tests and he followed me around for days and days, arguing for its return. I listened to all his reasoning.

Yes, I gave him his half mark back. lol.

The other kids ribbed him immensely in class, but he was tall, good looking and able to withstand any rubbishing. Water off the duck's back to him. What a star he was and is!!!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.