No way did I mess around in school. I always had to be in the...

1. 29,737 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1451
    No way did I mess around in school. I always had to be in the top 3 in any subject. I worked damned hard at it too.

Would come home and ask my dog by spelling it out for him - did he want to go for a w-a-l-k- in the p-a-r-k- and he
    would excitedly go to his lead. Then would come and do homework - always did that - and more study.

Got to the point that mum would be saying - no - go play tennis - you are spending way too much time studying -
    take a break.

Teachers had an enormous influence on me. Some subjects were easy for me and I also had good teachers fortunately
    but some I struggled with a bit. Was always so proud to come home with a score of 100% in some subjects.

Poor Sis had a ball at school and was popular but struggled big time so I would try to help. A lot just didn't go in and
    stay their.

One question in first year science was - what are the 3 states of matter. She bought the exam paper home and of course we
    had revised that but when I asked her answer she told me she didn't know so she guessed NSW Q'ld and Vic.
    Bloody hell which exam did she think she was in and of course I had a laugh.

Mum unfortunately came to her defence or tried to.

She did end up repeating 4th form and kidding there wasn't an argument at home about that. She wanted to leave but I
    was dead against that and gathered some like minded people to persuade both her and mum that would be so unwise.

Fortunately she was good at typing and shorthand and after the initial short disaster with a lawyers office I persuaded her
    to sit the test for the public service. She never looked back and loved her work fortunately.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.