I believe, that was the point Douglas Adams was making in The...

1. 28,429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    I believe, that was the point Douglas Adams was making in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

The answer is simple, 42.
    As urbane an answer as a brilliant/weirdo/normal type thinker could arrive at.

The question of Life, the Universe and Everything is the hard bit!
    What does that mean?
    If we can quantify that question at a point in time, will it still be valid the next day, week, month or decade later?

The crazy thing (I find) is at some point in time, teenage/sub 30 years old, most of us have it all worked out.
    It’s just a pity that we only have a short window of time where we can lie to ourselves and honestly believe we know the answers before we mature and realise that with every passing day, we know/understand less and less about everything

I will add, we understand that we know less and less but our life experiences highlight that those Whipper Snappers are delusional, they know less than nothing (due to a lack of experience).

I can see why a structured religion is appealing to many, a basic format is there to follow and you can easily find others to agree with you or ask a person who is easily distinguishable by their uniform or were they hang out.

PS D. Adams good mate was Kenny Everett, funny as far out, didn’t take up any room, unfortunately he didn’t know enough about HIV and the lifestyle choices that could reduce the risks but his show and Hitchhikers (along with a few others) twisted my mind or is that opened my mind?
    I had an epiphany, what we think is normal should more accurately be described as the mean average.
    To my mind, that doesn’t make it normal but just a statistic, hence the answer is 42!!!!!

@Barg with your background I would of thought that your answer may have been 22?
    Another story about a weirdo who may have understood more about life than the so called “Smart People “?
    you cannot get a section 8 because only a mad person wouldn’t think that they were mad.

Last edited by zipperlip: 17/09/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.