Thanks big e - funny thing is, I didn't grow up with much...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    Thanks big e - funny thing is, I didn't grow up with much superstition of any kind, just the sort of folksy sayings every nation has - and the Catholic religion, which has its share of 'sayings' which I took very seriously as a youngster, but being a Capricorn, my bullsh..t detector 'saved' me.
    One day, at my grandparents' place, who didn't have many books, but Grandpa was a great newspaper reader though, there was an old Farmer's Almanac and here were the 12 star signs and i was a Capricorn - read the bad bits first and decided there and then I was going to be the exact opposite, as I didn't like what I read then - the dark side of Capricorn, overly ambitious, making plans in the dead of night, being a bit malevolent; a bit distant from people, conceited, haughty.

Star signs are really just a bit of fun, but I stick by what I said in my lengthy post - it is an old system of classifying people and the latest trick is of course the many psychological tests we have developed (Myer Briggs is one of the more comprehensive ones). Of course, the comprehensiveness and mathematical abilities of computers will make those tests even more accurate

However there is the human element; I often wonder how we develop in a kind of antagonistic way to the way people tell us 'we are' or are 'supposed to be' - ?

big e: I am a bit confused about YOUR star sign, as this months is actually the sign of LIBRA which rules and not Scorpio?

Go well - I have heaps of things to do, was lazy all winter chatting on here and even more on the phone with one notorious poster (rolleyes.png) - garden is calling ...
    Tau, the Madam of the Horoscopes and hand reader extraordinaire

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.