big e - My drama was with my friends. The 'man' is a big talker,...

1. 17,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    big e - My drama was with my friends. The 'man' is a big talker, knows everything, has an answer to everyone, is cheeky with his customers (he still works part time - and we get to hear the stories) - he was driving, wife sitting beside him (I never did that, always allowed visitors to sit in front - but that's them) - she can't drive - he chats constantly and has radio going - I realised shortly after we took the short-cut that we had missed a turn-off.

Any other man would have immediately taken stock, consulted etc. - not him, just relied on my shouted directions from the back which got ever more exasperated - as it was also getting dark, then followed shouted interchanges with his wife, who had the road map open and he didn't follow her advice either; he is hopeless at directions.

Anyway - we eventually had to be picked up by my son-in-law because we were so hopelessly lost in one of the newer suburbs, in which I know my way around in daylight and
    if I am in the driver's seat (or had just sat in the front seat).

It was so bad I demanded a stiff drink once I got to daughter's home and it turned into a lovely evening after all - we took the 'regular' way back home.

Another moment in the life of Madam Tau - far from perfect, far from - madam-like . . .
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.