Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-22883

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I’m not sure I like the plane part of travelling but I do like the destinations. There are often magical moments which I shall recall shortly

the one great benefit of having travelled so much for work is that I clocked up lots of ff points and status credits. Didn’t make it to being a VIP and never will but I did earn enough to get frequent upgrades including two to first class. That and business class actually make travel bearable. Not sure the ex actually appreciated the experience or it’s source though as I noticed some interesting ways of presenting his experience. Never mind I guess

Sadly my lack of travel these days means I’m utterly downgraded to lifetime gold which really means little of nothing

best experience however and very nice in many ways was with my son who was then 13. One year qantas completely stuffed up a booking and offered me an international upgrade in return. I didn’t ever use it for my return trips to NZ but around two years later was taking my son on a passage to adulthood around some of the great cities of the world. London, Paris and New York among them. I rang qantas and asked to speak to the woman who had arranged the upgrade. Lo and behold I rang her on the day before she was due to go on maternity leave. Even more Lo and behold she actually remembered me. (I can still remember her name 25 years later) dammed if I know how but she told me it was because I was so lovely in the way I lodged the complaint. My reward for this serendipity was business class seats for me and then 6ft son around the world. Very welcome. The price for my son was to wear a suit on the plane so he didn’t look so young. It did mean he had a distorted view of travel however

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.