Parsifal,you continue to attack the person rather than post with...

1. 472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Parsifal,
    you continue to attack the person rather than post with civility. Again I apologise if I am not as intelligent as I should be in the eyes of others.
    this is exactly what I am talking about. “The genesis of unmet needs”. Please explain what unmet need warrants physical abuse towards the carer. Also dementia is not totally an ageing problem. It can also occur in persons 40 years and up.
    The concerns are that aged care facilities do not have the capability to cope with the increase in dementia patients whilst the government continue to reduce funding. The separation of dementia patients (wrong wording but it is late.) from general aged care does not exist thus placing other residents at risk. Workplace injuries specifically non reported WPI are on the increase due to the respect of the client. This will shortly change thus placing further strain on the systems.
    the social aspect, interaction and medication are major factors but this is subject to availability of qualified trained staff. ( Not paper qualified)
    we would all like to be in a perfect world but when workers are being injured due to restriction being place o
    n them by “The commission-Commissioners”, then we are heading down a slippery slope.
    as for physical and chemical restrictions. Clients are being taken off these measures without a wind down period to the point of aggression which was the cause of the restraint in the first place. Not only to protect the client but also the staff.
    I have witnessed someone going cold turkey and dont wish to witness that too many time more.
    in the very early stages of dementia it is controllable. 2nd stage is the concern. 3rd stage is a ball in a bed refusing to eat and wanting to die. Sorry but that is reality not a sentence on a commissioners report.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.