thanks. I couldn’t decide which of the images to use. What’s...

1. 17,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    thanks. I couldn’t decide which of the images to use. What’s interesting about making these dresses is they sort of make themselves. I start with a rough idea and then have to keep going. Eventually the dress tells me what to do. Does that make sense? even if the subject matter is a bit awful it’s always about trying to find beauty. The Edith Piaf song that @Justis posted non je ne regrette rien is exactly the right sentiment.

Most of them have a story. the one I posted earlier is about looking to the future with hope. It’s a sunny, happy dress. It was part of a three part dress called I never promised you a rose garden. The back of the dress has the stories trailing behind. Most of those are writings I got off hotcopper which reminded me that I wasn’t the only one on the receiving end of venom. It’s an important dress because it was therapeutic, it’s about the beauty of life
    and it was a creative outlet.

This next one is called coppelia. If you know the story of the ballet it’s about a girl on the end of a puppet master.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1934/1934156-c3e8671be6c16710819e9fb4da25c369.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.