The family eggplant belongs to is the Nightshade family. See...

1. 28,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    The family eggplant belongs to is the Nightshade family. See below:

"Prepared as a culinary vegetable but really a fruit, eggplant is classified as a berry because it contains small, edible seeds. Eggplants belong to the nightshade family which also includes potatoes, tomatoes, paprika, cayenne pepper and other colorful foods."

I have always wondered about what they have decided about tomatoes as to whether they are vegetables or are they fruit?
    Now we have eggplants considered to be a berry. Pretty big berry, I reckon. lol

I watched a video from a Doctor last evening who was maintaining we should not be eating tomatoes (anything Nightshade) because it turns into whatever which will make holes in our intestines and we end up with leaking guts.

Must say, sometimes these scientists who are supposed to know it all are very confusing to us indeed. We are told to eat protein and not carbs. Recently, I have read that people are now going overboard for protein and that this can be bad for them. Once we had to eat "lean" meat but now we are told to eat the fat of animals. Right, goodnight all, I am off to read some more unfathomable, self-contradictory material before sleeping - this time all about when we should be eating and when we should not be........

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.