Hi Taurisk, You have described EXACTLY the way I have been...

1. 28,448 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    Hi Taurisk,
    You have described EXACTLY the way I have been fasting and eating although my fasting is closer to 16 - 20 hours per day. I've been doing this since 2 January of this year. Great story about your friends! There have been many videos from Dr Jason Fung which I have watched and books I have read, in order to understand this way of eating. Without that understanding, I'd probably just believe it is too extreme and rather stupid. Hate to acknowledge that, but that would have been my response. Not now.
    My body is telling me that it is happy, if that makes sense. A few kgs. have gone, for sure. I don't miss them one bit!!! lol.

I drink water first thing in the morning, and drink water throughout the day. I have never fancied black coffee before but now I really enjoy black coffee first thing in the morning and a top up throughout the rest of the morning. First meal about 12 noon to 1 pm. Evening meal finished by 6 pm.

I am a happy little vegemite, Taurisk. I want to continue with this but I have also made another promise to myself. If I shorten the fasting time or eat the "bad" things at times, I don't intend to do self-talk involving admonishing myself. I am human. Unlikely to make any difference in the scheme of things. As Dr Fung says, this way of eating costs you nothing at all. I can have longer fasts or shorter fasts, according to the Diet Doctor, the choice is yours. During the fasting period I don't include any drink which contains calories (eg milk) or even lemon juice. Easier to do that as well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.