I once did not like cats. I did not understand cats, because I'd...

1. 28,680 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    I once did not like cats. I did not understand cats, because I'd had more experience with a dog.

Then a cat acquired me.

She and I got along very well over time. Cat had been abused, I am sure. She was very angry. We found peace together.
    Another stray I tried to rescue but it upset my old and very pretty girl cat and she disappeared. I hunted high and low. She never came back. Maybe someone took her, because she did have a beautiful coat of long grey soft fur. She came inside when it was cold and lay at the foot of my bed, waiting until I was ready to give her breakfast. She threw herself against the security door, hanging there displaying all her white and grey underside begging me, "let me in". I could not resist, and in she came........

Every evening she awaited me and play zigzag across the driveway, letting me know she was boss as I had to drive very slowly and she controlled my speed - stop, start, wait, start again, etc until I was forgiven for my absence during the day, and I traversed the driveway into my parking bay. She had an internal clock it seemed and just knew when I was due to arrive home after school each afternoon. Loved my cat....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.