Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-30530

1. 18,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    @big e - even when we returned to Australia in the mid-sixties to Sydney and eventually rented a wonderful place near the George's River, there was a dunny in the back and I have just now remembered the weekly trek of burly men who picked it up and replaced it - I could never figure out if we got the same 'dunny' back - I always disappeared when they came . . . memories . . . .

I did love Sydney - was sad to leave (and then we lived in Rose Bay, in a nice 4-family block of flats) - but we came to a wonderful little country town in Western Australia - and have been Western Australian. but foremost 'Australian' ever since; country towns have a way of integrating you, making you part of the country, at least that's what I experienced.

.... and we travelled right across the continent in a burgundy-coloured Holden Kingswood with that extended back - @NoBoDo has a similar model, which he is trying to sell atm his is green; I suspect he has been driving it today?

Our journey took a fortnight, with memorable stops where my husband always insisted on creating a make-shift 'proper' table and us sitting around and having our meals in a civilised manner - we also kept bumping into similar people who were doing 'the crossing' and developed those casual but intense friendships which are rewarding but only last 'the distance'.

Go well - watching news atm - and it seems they (our politicians) are doing a good job
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.