@zero2a$mill - so very true - one of my kids, who is fighting...

1. 18,210 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @zero2a$mill - so very true - one of my kids, who is fighting cancer, has recently yet again been included in another trial - her immune system, after fighting cancer now since 2012 is shot, yet she is hopeful now that she has yet another chance at life. If she catches the virus, she is done for and she knows it.

Life is so precious to all of us - as far as we know it's all we have. Some are lucky and believe in an after-life and the delights or punishments awaiting them 'over there' - but I'd rather stay here just a little longer and wish the same for everyone who is battling disease.

What this threat has done so far to me is: yes, I am more careful, cleaner etc. but I have also begun appreciating my friends, on here as well as all my lifelong companions in joy and fun and also in misery. One good friend lost a husband through suicide, we rallied around her, I depended on my friends when my husband died so suddenly, I depend on them every time one of my girls throws a wobbly at me - and especially with the sick one. I try not to wear them out. One new friend on here has become indispensable.

Generally it is better for you and your immune system if you have a clear plan, but don't get paranoic. Paranoia can kill (jest, of course, but there is some truth in this, as it causes you to make wrong decisions and to be tense and uptight, never a good thing).

The good bit about all of this is, that we are seemingly becoming a bit more caring, our government (and not just ours) is instituting measures, which can only be described as socially aware, something unexpected from a capitalist government (please don't take this as a political comment, just an observation) - unexpected and welcome, hopefully we can carry that humane spirit over into the times 'after' the virus.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.