Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-34979

1. 17,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Hi Parsifal, Margaret, bunbun - I had a cousin who, once a grown man, seemed a little naive and an easy target for women - he was pretty, it must be said - it was his financial undoing.

He died last year, but a lovely guy and whenever I spent my holidays at my aunts, he used to take us (that's him, his brother, sister and me) through the fields and know what to pick and eat; knew where there were potatoes to be harvested (after the proper harvest) and sometimes made a fire in the field and we roasted the potatoes - they were the BEST etc. remember eating all kinds of wild plants, but that wasn't Australia. Everyone should have that knowledge!

Yes, the ladies on here seem to keep everything on an even keel, although it isn't easy over in the Eastern states. I listen to Radio 6NR in the mornings, which broadcast all kinds of news from all over Australia, and Dr Norman Swan gave a good overview today about Covid19 - seems it will still be some time before the border protections will be lifted; the Eastern States, in particular NSW and Vic have the biggest problem.
    Here it is almost back to normal - I don't know anyone who is or was ill - neighbours' kids are still home from school and seem to enjoy themselves.
    I have had visitors on Sunday and have been visiting friends for a birthday last Friday.

On the subject of survival: On 6NR this morning there was a short segment on a man who had lived under a tree in Launceston for the last 2 years. Originally he was a shearer from New Zealand, went to the U.S. began a successful shearing contracting business, became a millionaire, had the house, several rental properties, several cars and always felt 'empty' so decided to give it all to his ex - took off - eventually finished up in Australia, where he worked for a number of years as a shearer and finished up living under this large redwood tree. Recently one of the social workers, where he gets the odd meal from, said she knew he was a shearer, would he be interested in helping a couple who had lost their farm etc. in the bush fires and he agreed.
    So he is off to an island off the coast of Tassie to help re-build a farm. His name is 'Hammer'.

He was so emotional and thankful to this tree and the simple life it had afforded him - and he sounded very genuine, although unused to speaking - one could tell. A very different life - he also said, his life had brought him a spiritual awakening, but didn't specify, seemed more along the lines of meditation.

Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.