@picastoc - late answer: I am not as au fait with my latest...

1. 17,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    @picastoc - late answer: I am not as au fait with my latest mobile, a Samsung Galaxy S8, which I purchased end of January. I had a Nokia Lumia before (which I sent to NBD) - had to replace it as I could no longer WhatsApp with my family and some select friends who insist on WhatsApp communication. Nokia is now a mobile 'has-been' - still a wonderful phone, lies firmly in your hand, the keyboard is larger and it isn't as super-sensitive as the Samsung - I had to get used to all the squeaks and peeps it makes (and found out where to change them - eventually) - there are also more ads popping up, which I have managed to get rid of, mostly.

It is also much more touch sensitive and I kept touching the wrong buttons and suddenly had half a dozen or so involuntary screen shots.
    Then the language issue - the automatic correction function is often ludicrous, particularly if one is typing a foreign word - so I turned that off as well. There is still an issue with certain letter sequences, when all the wrong letters (always the same) keep coming up. Nokia is much better and precise. Photo/camera function is great and storage capacity is great, too.

And - I have done the odd 'google' search when listening to Radio National late at night in my bed, when trying to figure out who on earth these people are, who were being interviewed. I made some interesting new discoveries, but computer searches are better.

Modern phones are mini computers, but I like my large screen and modern computer keyboard. NoBoDe, when he was over here, persuaded me to buy both - still have the old computer sitting on the same desk and the old keyboard, which goes very very clickety-clack and I thought I couldn't do without that noise - but it seems, I can.

I just remembered sitting in a classroom of girls on Remington typewriters doing our rhythmic - in sync - letter exercises - it was kind of fun, but I detested office work all my life, but spent all my life in offices, but had fun with the people instead.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.