@NoBoDe - this deserves a reply seeing this coat has played such...

1. 17,838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @NoBoDe - this deserves a reply seeing this coat has played such a huge part in your imagination and you've finally got it.

I am glad you found it - again - but it needs some kind of treatment. Hang it properly first of all off a hanger, which actually has shoulders and not just rounded sticks on either side. Straighten everything out; also see of you can 'feed' the leather in some way. There is wax etc. available for leather settees and shoes, there must be something similar for garments.

If there are wrinkles - hang the coat on a good hanger - straighten out as much as you can and leave it somewhere near steam - maybe your bathroom, when you have a bath -

Give the lining a good shake, possibly a wipe and when you eventually hang it again, give it enough room, so no folds creases develop - again it is important to have one of those hangers with shoulders.

Leather can be ironed with a very lukewarm iron and i would have plenty of light cotton cloths handy, or even soft paper to put in between leather and iron.

I, personally, am not a fan of leather clothes, because I like lightweight lothes, but just jackets are o.k.

Good luck
    Tau

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.