Yes much less complicated when there are no children involved,...

1. 58,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    Yes much less complicated when there are no children involved, in that case once the break up is complete there is no reason to have any thing to do with them.

One woman I had relationship left me after she caught me smoking pot, she wanted to remain friends and we did for a while. I suppose I was looked to reconcile, but when she got into a relationship with some one else it's sort of like no that can't work. At a latter date I came across her at the shopping centre, she called out to me, I looked at her and turned away without saying a word. I could see that hurt her but, it did take away the hurt I had carried.

When I first broke up with my sons mother, we were suppose to be separated but living in the same house. Thou she would get rather pissed off when I would go to the pub on a Friday night, one night she ripped 2 shirts trying to stop me going out. In trying to hold her back I bruised her upper arms, having consoled with her mother she got a restraining order on me and it was like my ticket to freedom LOL

She got a bit nasty, the restraining order said I was not to contact here except to arrange contact with my son but that was not how she read it so after leaving messages on her answering machine seeking access to my son she took that to police saying I was breaching the restraining order. Police came for me and fortunately they saw that I was allowed to contact her for arranging access to my son.

Was not long after she wrote me a letter apologies for what had happen saying she should not have listen to her mother and wanting us to reconcile, I never replied to that. While we had disputes for some time I always emphasised that out personal differences should not get in the way of our son's well being.

What I came to realise was my son's mother was one of those people that where not happy unless they where in a relationship, in the years that followed she had a few relationship and while in one was easy for me to get along with her but when she was not in a relationship she was difficalt to get on with.

All too often people breaking up use the children as pawns, happen with my brother and after some time of being denied access to his two daughters they had come to the belief that their father wanted nothing to do with them, no doubt their mother instilled that in them. The girl are in there late 20's early 30's and still refusing to meet with their father

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.