found it after a bit of hunting. my .... that is a dot in the...

1. 17,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    found it after a bit of hunting. my .... that is a dot in the ocean.

i spent about six weeks on lihir island and that was tiny. i loved it there though. your place is like a fraction of that. i was looked after for a few days by people from the community liaison team and they took me on a trip around the island. it doesn't have those impressive monuments but it has an interesting history. they have a long association with sorcery and in one place there is a cave that is the entrance to the underworld. they say that it was the resting place for spirits from a whole lot of the islands and you could sometimes see them come in off the sea and enter the cave. spending time with lots of the locals and those who came from other parts of PNG was a highlight.

Mind you they didn't value their women that much i spoke to a few who told me how hard it was for them to do something other than become a mother with a side line in breastfeeding the piglets to keep them fattened (not all parts but some). Fun!!!!!!

i don't think I've seen enough of the pacific. I've made it to tahiti however - a good few years ago - include Bali Hai . very picturesque.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.