Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-38030

1. 60,606 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    There you go, South Africa was heathery involved in the Angola civil war so any one from their knows about it.

Most people think the problem in African countries was that the european and countries went id and took control and to a degree it was. But the shit really hit the fan after they got independence and the black started fighting over getting control

From what I understand the demand for self determination in Angola escalated around 1960 some 12 years latter the Portuguese agreed to independence and formed a government lead by the 3 different groups pushing for independence. But the 3 groups had different backers, South Africa, USA and USSR with Cuba and then they went to war to get full control.

Well that is a simple explanation, fact is Angola is a resource rich country so not surprising other countries where willing to back a group to get control.

Portugal is wonderful, spent most time down in Algarve, around Portimao with family friends from Angola. Tragic story since. One son had previously committed suicide (well before I visited) , the old man accidental shot and killed his daughter. In Court he pleaded that he didn't intentionally kill his daughter and he was aiming for her husband and she got in the way.

The youngest son had taken over the boat building business and slip way in Portimao , when I was there it was a very basic one where they drag boats up over wooden sleepers up the bank but there was plans to put in a modern marina. The son and I think another older brother or two did well out of the redevelopment. Not sure about why, but one day the families get together for dinner and with every one around him the younger son pull out a hand gun and shot himself.

Oh on a lighter note, would love to explore more of Portugal and Madeira is a must do that is favoured by Europeads but is where my parents come from so have relatives there

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.