what a ghastly story you’ve told. And enormously sad. Sounds...

1. 17,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    what a ghastly story you’ve told. And enormously sad. Sounds almost like a haunted family.

Actually the free accommodation days I have are in the algarve. I think it’s quite popular now but Portugal still seems to be a place people love. A Brazilian friend adores it - but probably no surprise there.

who knows when all of that will become easier. I also have a cousin with a place in the southern end of Italy - she’s forever sending enticing images. That’s historic. Signs of the moors there as I imagine would be the case in Portugal and Spain. One of my dreams is to visit the gardens of Alhambra in Spain. I have friends who have been there and it sounds amazing.

At one point I contemplated whether I’d have a go at trying the Spanish offer of citizenship for descendants of Sephardic Jews who were forced out and could show their lineage. I could do that and one of the more recent extended family died there. But it looked like a process that required more effort than I wanted to spend. Probably not such a bad thing given their performance with Covid.

do you have Portuguese citizenship by birth ?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.