Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-40975

1. 18,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    NoBoDe - I have most likely received every scam call possible -
    Years ago, when I had a Kerry blue Terrier with an unusual skin condition I ordered some strange medication (actually meant for humans) for my sick dog once. No vet was able to help me with her skin condition and I was only able to get a medication which is used for humans, from an Indian company - years later I still received calls, now no longer as I have discontinued my landline.

Also years ago!! and only once: I fell victim to people who promised to fix my computer - paid something like $100 - gave them access to my computer and it wasn't fixed. Called back, was referred to different people offering to help again - for another payment . . . . and purchase of a program; They were pretty clever in the beginning, did seem to know their computers etc.
    Never again.

The last scam call I got was fairly recent - twice the same (pre-recorded) phone call telling me that I had committed fraud against the Tax Department etc. - and ring this number . . . . . to avoid arrest.
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-28/ato-scam-tells-people-there-is-a-warrant-for-their-arrest/10312614

A great help, I have found, is a website called 'Snopes', which, at the moment of course, is busily busting all the false info spread by Trump and his media buddies.

Never respond - if you want to check out what it's all about - try and get some key words into a brief sentence and do an internet search.
    You'll quickly find the internet full of stories of similar scams, maybe even yours.

The internet, mobile phones, all the modern technology is fabulous, but we have to learn how to deal with this new technology which can be used by criminals and is viewed by many also as a toy, with all the childlike trust one extends to a toy.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.