so todays weird world. I rang the doctor to set up a health...

1. 17,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    so todays weird world.

I rang the doctor to set up a health check for a few reasons. they want me to do a covid test. i can't get there without a hike across town so they suggested a clinic. my car is still at the doctors so i can't go to a drive in and they won't do a home call cos i am apparently not a lunatic or disabled. .
    the nearest walk in is around 5km away which will mean a ten km return journey. I haven't got time to do that today. pathologists are only doing drive ins as well.

i don't think i have covid - how could i get it from being inside staring at four walls. if i go to a drive in someone has to drive me which sort of defeats the purpose. what sort of people made up all of these rules? i don't mind rules if they help but these are actually working against the very thing they are trying to do - at this rate I will have to take a train and a tram across town and then do the reverse.

to top it all my mobile service has a fault that means i can make any calls now anyway. (me and lots of others).

I decided to sit down and have a tanty for a few minutes before I pick myself up again. mostly I think i will give up on going to the doctor.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.