@Parsifal - some of the threads are started for reasons of...

1. 17,847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Parsifal - some of the threads are started for reasons of keeping us entertained - that much is obvious - and there is a saying in German defining an outlandish, unrealistic, useless argument as appearing to have been dragged in by its hair - (an den Haaren herbeigezogen . . . . ) -

NoBoDe's topics are sometimes of that nature. Purpose? - to get a discussion going - he has lots of time - I haven't got enough time for this sort of thing. However looking at the state of affairs over your way I can understand why people spend so much time on-line and there is some dubious entertainment value, even in a spurious topic, at least for the poseur.

I have returned 1 hour ago from a very entertaining afternoon taking tea and coffee at the Dome - with what one can only describe as an elderly lady. She will be 90 next year and had planned a huge party, some of it extending to Scotland, but with the Covid stuff going on had to cancel. She is an amazingly entertaining and interesting woman, having been in theater all her life. Recently she wrote a book and rewrote it as a script in conversational style and it is being read on air on weekdays here on FM 101.7 - I will be listening, come next Monday.

I returned home happy and almost drunk from just having had an intelligent and entertaining conversation with said lady - amazing - and her face is unlined - one of her first roles was Juliet in 'Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet'; she is still pretty.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.