I suspect that dan does not know the detail of everything. He...

1. 17,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I suspect that dan does not know the detail of everything. He can’t. I’ve been involved as a project manager in complex projects but nothing like this and it’s impossible to know everything that is happening in your name. You ask for reports on systems and processes but can’t hope to know the way it’s being applied and interpreted by the myriad of other people.

I had one situation where it took me six months to unravel a mysterious failure. Why so long - because I was told porkies and every question I asked led me down a wild path. It requires endless hours of working out where the failure might be happening and who might “whistle blow”

Dan is so utterly reliant on others and I’d say many of them are stupid. But this isn’t the time to go weeding people out either. The other challenge is that they didn’t have the planning time - what they had was based on an imperfect understanding and guidance and views within the national cabinet that were often at odds with one another. It’s a tough gig.

anyway writing this reminded me of a situation where one manager was having an affair with his secretary having installed her in an apartment. The wife found out and walked into a management meeting and biffed him one. A sign of how others felt came in the form of loud applause as she stalked out of the room.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.