Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-56793

1. 23,055 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Whoops, just come back up here, it's grown, get a cuppa, drink smile.png

Dreams eh,.........but you can always change them.
    Not having one, is like not having a road map and no idea where your going.

Yes, I wanted what you might call the views etc, especially with water etc.
    Could have achieved it, but the other half is not a view person.
    View of the shops, yea LOL.
    She always wanted around 100 ac's near shops lol,....well,..we got 65, so close enough, shops only 2-3ks, closer as the crow flies.
    All I need to do now is, lure a serious developer over our side of the Freeway.
    Covid etc, could slow that down now.
    So,.....it might be the two kids that reap on that one?

Our Alfresco under the main roof, around 10mts long and does a 90 deg turn into the BBQ area, under the roof as well.
    L shape you might say, looking out to the back yard of around 6mt, where I have yet to finish a brick wall, around chest height.
    1 mt from the wall, brick curbing for garden bed, curves towards the BBQ area and in that area, bigger garden, Kentia's I transplanted are in their.
    Dead center from looking out from the Alfresco, is to be a water feature of some kind.
    War first but tongue.png.
    Wife and I on different planets. lol.
    She wants a set back section in the wall when I do it, possibly add something like travertine to it and one of those water blades.
    Goodness me, where not in the burbs, space is not an issue.
    Me, big section of the wall out, me bucket in a mountain of sand and out past the brick wall, height at least to say, gutter height.
    Then add rocks, or concrete over the sand, shape, mold, colour, grains etc and produce fake granite etc.
    And the water feature incorporated, weaving down, falls etc.
    Rar, rar raaaaaaaaar she goes, it will look fake and out of wack etc.
    ????????? all these years,...what has she not learnt about her wotsup eek.pngtongue.png

At the very least, where the Kentia's are, L shape section, you could have done similar but inside, made that wall higher, gutter height.
    Water fall etc would look like coming out of a hill, rocks etc and flowing around the corner, into a stream arrangement, to a pond etc.
    Wouldn't be a 5 min job, but doable, both.

But lol,.....I'll probably be the pussy and give up.
    First house we built, only other one we built, subbed it out, me doing around half.
    We designed and OH boy, what a mission.
    Debated and huffed and puffed over the planning, 12mts plus.
    I think I had a name for every brick in that house lol.
    Mind you, considering we were only in our early 20's, the design, layout, large tiles etc etc, we appeared to be well ahead of the times, as quite some years later, what we had become the trend.
    Considering I gave in on a lot, that suggest she has good tastes.

This one, oh my tongue.pngtongue.png, 12 mths and some, just in the planning.
    This one, I personally didn't draw up the plans.
    When we got in front of the people drawing them, we had prior discussed, me and wife, what and how.
    Hmmm, we would meet this mob and blow me down, wife comes up with all these new ideas, and it was game on LOL.
    I was trying to get a design, that all living areas, had views to the entire property, us having built in one corner.
    Bit tricky, but the wife didn't want to give a hoot, re views. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    They and wife kept trying to invade my pet areas, steal space, re indoor balcony over looking the void down into the family, dine and kit and alfresco.
    Plus the stair way area and outdoor balcony.
    Well, that was it LOL, was about to strangle them all.
    I said, if anyone even thinks such, where outta here and no house.
    Guess what, no one tried steeling from them again. lol.
    OH,..............wife, them and anyone that sees these areas, are rather gob smacked, wow factor etc, with the proportions etc, which I just knew they had to be.
    A big contributor to the timeline for planning, wife keeps doubting her choices.
    Had a designer out several times (lass) and she kept saying, after seeing her choices, why have you called me? lol.

Life eh, and the things we cry about lol.

I personally, could quite easily live in a shed lol.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.