Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-56796

1. 18,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    Margaret63 I couldn't go to sleep, thinking of what you said, and I thought; 'here is the Republican rumor mill still working' and it is and took a while to get to Australia, seeing this was suggested in early January.

Firstly, here is a link where you can check out, what exactly has happened, and it is only a suggestion to change the 'House Rules' to make things non-gender-specific, in particular for any member of the chamber (I used to work in Parliament and they have something called the 'house rules' and the Speaker's job is to make sure they are correct and followed, Nancy is the Speaker of the House of Representatives )

So, if unsure of a rumour, you can always check it out with 'Snopes.com" - it is a long read, but essentially suggestions are made like using the word 'chair' instead of 'chairman' etc. (no-one has ever used the word 'chairwoman', it was always 'chairman' even if it was a woman) it is for use in the House only and in one particular document only; namely the 'House Rules' for use in Parliament, or in America in the House of Representatives.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelosi-gender-ban-house/

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.