@big e - I am lucky, I finally have good nails - I have no idea...

1. 17,815 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    @big e - I am lucky, I finally have good nails - I have no idea what it is which caused that change - maybe less cleaning, less immersion in detergents etc. however I have one nail, on the right pointer finger which always had a tendency to split lengthways - i finally managed to grow it long enough to get above the critical level (where it no longer hurts) and recently did some work round the garden, forgot my gloves and lo an behold the stupid nail broke off to exactly that spot where it will split. Careful manicuring - less manual work - is doing the trick.

I honestly don't know how some women manage to do their daily tasks with their long nails - unless they do not do anything or have help.
    In ancient China it used to be a sign of being part of the upper classes if you had long nails; some growing their nails 10cms and longer.
    i think it looks gruesome, even what is now fashionable does not appeal to me - for one, I wouldn't be able to play piano or do the many intricte things one does round the house.

Good luck with your nail, wrap it in a band-aid until it's grown a bit.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.