Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-60100

1. 17,899 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    fdKen - May isn't too far off. Locally, they are hoping for the tourist trade to bring in the shekels . . .

I have been to Broome many moons ago, with a Chinese Delegation - it was amazing watching these very polite and cautious people, all dressed in brand-new but 'grey' outfits, beginning to smile, laugh and enjoy themselves, except on the way back, they were stuck to their small portable radios 'Tiananmen Square' was happening in China and they looked gutted. I had a hard time trying to distract them.

Yesterday I watched a movie on SBS (Gulliver's Travels) and remembered I had taken them to that movie, because that day was also my husband's birthday (21st May) and we had just returned. These middle-aged to elderly men came out from the cinema with the eyes of children - they were also transfixed by the beautiful Uma Thurman (Venus) and kept saying; 'we have stories like that' and kept thanking me and my husband.

Broome is beautiful - and I had wished to go up there again, with a partner, maybe - but so far 'solo' and will probably remain that way, except for friends - and what a blessing they are . .
    Enjoy!
    Taurisk
    @Parsifal - you probably won't appreciate it. My husband was into that kind of slapstick comedy, and he was good at it as well, he could strike a pose which had you in stitches - and he had an appearance which was a little similar to John Cleese (except my husband was more handsome, true!) - so he tried his tricks, the funny walk etc.

There is something orgasmic to comedy, or should I say, failure to know when the peak is reached - they keep on going, when it is no longer funny. At least that's how it affects me - too much is never too much to the practicing comedian, it seems.

I really hated that scene with the fish - and felt for the poor man, who was simply a 'victim' in the classical sense. It seemed schoolboyish to me, but a lot of the movie had this amazing build-up to funny, cringing climactic scenes which had you in stitches, despite yourself.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.