Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-604

1. 28,763 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    So you are a chef or at least a very experienced cook? Domestic Science at my ex-school taught us how to cook brown and white stews, rock buns ( which were not like rocks) and burnt butter biscuits (which contained no burnt butter). .

Such is the language of cookery, otherwise known as Domestic "Science" in an All Girls' Seconday College.

No doubt Consuela's education was more appropriately aligned to the superiority of the IQ levels apparent among the private school cohorts of young liberated young ladies. Unlike myself, I am certain they did not need to bring their school apron to these "Domestic Science" classes on a designated day each week. Nor would your wife ever studied Horticulture at age 12 and 13, only to discover that a large part of this study had a hands-on approach (otherwise known as weeding the school garden). I am sure you would be fascinated to learn that that activity required a different apron, but as essential as that of our cookery apron.

I think mathematics was considered to be an utter waste of potentially fewer weeds in the school garden.

I envied then, and do now, those liberated girls of the private school system.

I had much to catch up on, after finishing school at Year 10.

Still, I could make blaumonge although unable to spell any French words then and now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.