Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-60619

1. 59,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727

Reply button broken@Taurisk

Arh in the past had advertised in WA Newspaper (Saturday boating section) some WA boating magazines and in Yacht club magazine but over time I didn't think they had much effect.

Have exhibited at Boat show every major boat show in WA for the past 20 years, cost $10k each year but more recent years have cut back on the spend. There was no boat show last year but I would not have exhibited, didn't exhibit the previous year and that was the first boat show I didn't exhibit since starting the business

Having been in business for 20 year we are pretty well established, these days people use the internet so an online presence is important. My website which I built myself seems to get reach, I get enquires from the east coast.

I also have exclusive distribution agreements with my suppliers so if the get an enquiry from some one in WA they pass it on to me.

So these days I don't do any advertising I have an excellent reputation and I get a lot of word of mouth enquiries.

Apparently Perth Boat Show is going ahead this year but invitation's to exhibit have not gone out, I would consider exhibiting but like a lot of people in the industry would why bother given every one is so busy and don't really need more business.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewey_Decimal_Classification

Oh boy don't get me started on Paypal, I will never ever use them and if anyone ever tries to pay me via paypal I will simple say Nope. EFT or Cash, I avoid cheques too as my local bank branch has closed so would have to go out of my way to get to a bank

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.