Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-60719

1. 59,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    I am the only one in the family to have gone to Uni unfortunately it was not free, interesting that the young student mostly only put enough effort to get a pass mark where I as a mature age student made an effort to get high marks. Would have got much more HD scores if not for my poor hand writing doing essay exams LOL.

Yes hard to go wrong with becoming a tradie, the timing of me doing uni was terrible. I had hoped to get into a career in marketing or market research, that fitted in well with my prior interest in psychology but the job market was terrible and through sending out many job applications while at Uni I hardly go any interviews.

Got involved with a small business start up, in hindsight I should have joined got in the mining and construction industries that boomed not long after. Oh well

I encouraged my son to learn and hence the library was a regular place to visit when he came to my place. I expected my son to go on into uni and thought he would do well in some field of science, so I was taken back when he decided to become a chef. I said to him, "mate that is shit hours and shit pay" but he that's what he did, ask him now and he would not recommend becoming a chef.

So as it is my son had to give up working as a chef, he was suffering physically and mentally. But as it happens his experience as a chef is providing a good basis for a new pathway as he is currently studying at uni doing a applied food science degree

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.