You should photograph them. My mum passed at a very advanced...

1. 28,486 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    You should photograph them.

My mum passed at a very advanced age, but her skin did not reflect her age. But it was the skin on her back which was so admired by her carers who used to shower her. In fact, one of them said "have you seen your mother's back?" I answered that I had. Her skin is amazing and I'd give anything to have skin like hers, she told me. Well, my mum was a very indoor sort of person. Rarely in the garden, and if so, when it was not hot and certainly always wearing her "respectable" clothing. My mother refused to wear any kind of convenient pull-on long pants. It was pretty shirts and skirts for her, always. She knew nothing different because, for her, women didn't wear pants. No debate permitted. Nursing homes had her as their pin-up lady. I had to find skirts with elasticized waists. I found a suitable skirt in an opp.shop made of a navy fabric with little white flowers. Quite pretty. Immediately she asked me if this skirt came from an opportunity shop. Help!!! I lied. No, I say.

If I had tried to photograph my mum's skin she would not have allowed it. But I can remember.......still I'd photograph your son's hands, Parsifal, that is for sure.

Change of topic - warning. Women only.
    I got my shoes delivered a few minutes ago. They are perfect. Because my shoe size is 36, I was able to get them on sale. They only had sizes 35 and 36 on sale (no doubt, far too small for most women and they were wanting to offload them). No choice of colour. But they are lovely!!!! Lucky me. $70 cheaper than full price.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.