@Joannie - I have just remembered a scene I experienced during...

1. 17,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    @Joannie - I have just remembered a scene I experienced during the Olympic Games 2012 in England at the train station when leaving the stadium.
    - My son-in-law had an engagement in 'the Games'. He had to train 1000 drummers - - who were the workmen, who came out from the 'mountain' during the opening, depicting England's 'Industrial Revolution' - he trained just 100 people and they, in turn, had to teach 10 others' each - but he got, firstly, a good fee, and secondly - a pair of 'real' workman's boots. He was so proud of those boots.

So we had tickets to the dress rehearsal for the opening, before the 'real' thing - and the stadium was full - and we saw and admired everything which people saw at the opening, except for the Queen, of course.
    S. too took part too, later, she was in the 'River of Music' - which was live and amazing, I was so proud of her then. She had transcribed a piece of music by Nick Cave - and she played with her Jazz orchestra and a choir from the south of England, who sang that piece. It was in the "Oceania' section -

Whilst waiting in the open-air 'dressing room, I also remember being amazed by an Aboriginal man (who I did not recognise as Aboriginal - he looked more like a South Sea Islander) who did wonderful drawings in sand only - the pattern was complex and intricately interwoven, all meaningful, which he commented on as he drew - and it was in four sections all interlocked. He did a number of them, after wiping the previous one - all from his mind - all meaning something - I was mesmerised - and asked him where he was from and he said 'Australia' - I was stunned not to have recognised him and felt just a little ashamed.

But what sticks in my mind to this day was the way the crowds behaved as we slowly lined up to get to the trains, in such an ordered and disciplined way; there were at least 20 people 'in a row' and everyone behaved with military precision - no-one pushed or shoved. It was a miracle - and I was truly awed with the discipline of this particular lot of Brits - maybe they were special - but to me it was special and only possible in Britain. smile.png

thanks for the reminder
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.