@Parsifal - that was a very special afternoon - a long way to go...

1. 17,834 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Parsifal - that was a very special afternoon - a long way to go to the stadium from 'Enfield' - we did the lot by train - there and back. The return journey was totally civilised and it may have been to do with how happy the crowd was. These were mostly people whose relatives were involved in the fabulous opening ceremony - so many artists' parents, siblings, etc. - and returning home at the same time.
    When I am in London or rather in one of the Northern and outer suburbs, (Enfield) - I know the buses to the local shopping center; for any longer distances, I was mostly chauffeured around. I only did my lonely explorations into the 'City' by Tube.

I have also experienced a New Years Eve at a London Pub with such crowds that the waiting staff had to carefully 'push' their way through the throng and one was touching the person one was standing next to - stranger or friend alike - and yet it all went well with good humour and politeness and smiles and laughter displayed by all.

Isn't it somewhat naive to expect 'discipline' on the Tube on 'New Years Eve'?

Yes, you have been to Tokyo tongue.png. The whole world knows how disciplined the Japanese are, - sadly - I haven't been there and I cannot compare!what.png
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.