Hi @Joannie - thanks a lot - the clincher to telling myself to...

1. 17,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    Hi @Joannie - thanks a lot - the clincher to telling myself to stop feeling sad, was bad and good news late last night;

My counterpart over in England finally worked out how to send me an email and wrote that granddaughter has had Covid, but is o.k. and already had a gig as a 'runner' for a movie which is being made about the 'Sex Pistols' - so 'thankyou, dear God! - that I didn't know until all was well again!!

Hence I feel better today - I haven't had a good night's sleep, but this morning I listened to an amazing program on Radio National - 'the Minefield' with Waleed Aly and Scott Stephens - discussing the ethical ins and outs (or should it be ups and downs?) of space travel (Bezos and Musk and 'Virgin' boss) and what the environmental costs are etc.

The discussion became quite involved whether mankind's future in space should be a more communal efforts by all of us, all nations, as in: should the International Space Agency have more say? or should private companies be allowed to be the vanguard of space travel/exploration.

What would be the interest and main motivation of a private company (who btw also get financial support from government) to explore space - and the huge cost to the environment of future space tourism; the emission of Co2 per passenger being 100 times higher in space travel than in a 'normal' plane flight!! - and also providing some detail on how the companies they head are run - not too promising - and possibly needing some kind of oversight in space ventures.

I suspect we'll most likely see the same rapacious principles at play we used on earth, when discovering the oceans - the search for gold, resources - greed - was one of the main motivating factors.

then I pacified 'Lillecat' who got very nervous when honkey nuts or possibly hail stones began hitting my roof - weather is a bit quieter now, but still windy.
    All the best to you, dear Jo Jo
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.