Dear Granny pica,Oh my word, you poor thing! That man from the...

1. 10,931 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 661
    Dear Granny pica,

Oh my word, you poor thing! That man from the ILEA was mean to send you to such an awful school. I thought my London school was very rough, but no knives and things thank heavens. I expect like most Aussies you lived in Earls Court

I think yes, we took it for granted that we had free everything at school. We didn't give it a passing thought. One of our teachers used to have eyes in the back of his head and when he spotted someone talking he would throw the blackboard rubber at them, very hard. We did tease the teachers, given the chance. But one got so exasperated with me that she said. Hold out your hand and she slapped me over and over again with the ruler, saying you are a naughty naught girl. I cannot recall what sin I had committed lol.

Breaking into the staffroom and splitting open the curtains! Goodness me, we would not have dared.
    All that walking, we had to walk about 7 miles to school and then 3 miles in double file to our canteen and back for our school dinners. I was as skinny as a whip then. I insisted on wearing a mini skirt as we all did and our legs were frozen and chapped.

Well now you understand why so many English people want to live in Australia Well it was an experience for you, I hope you went to lot's of parties and dances etc. I love how you said you don't like kids

Yes back to the screen, LTR is taking a break today, perhaps up later?
    Have a lovely day
    Jo Jo

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.