@Justis - sorry - my fault entirely, I should not even have...

1. 17,849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 145
    @Justis - sorry - my fault entirely, I should not even have invited people I knew so little of - I have promised myself: never again, unless a preliminary meeting establishes some kind of empathy or link - then I most likely would have abstained, but I met you and through you @Parsifal, so there is a great gain! My country experiences with farmers or people who live on the land here in W.A. have generally been very positive. My favourite family down south, ex farmers - are quite a sophisticated lot: husband ex school teacher, art, philosophy, history; he is also an accomplished artist and reads widely - his wife is also educated, reads etc. - I kind of expected something along those lines.

@zipperlip was smart and didn't turn up - he came round a few days later to view NBD's paintings and was impressed. Nice guy!!

I also gave the wrong impression as I was trying to sell one of Mr NBD's works (which profit would have gone entirely to him) - probably overstated the price to 'Mr Wealthy and Manager of Many Things' and I probably ruined my reputation with MMS who was also listening in. I am glad he didn't take up my offer, as I am going to keep all of NBD's paintings as a collection.

I mean, the other, tall fellow - won't mention his name - literally imposed himself on this little gathering and 'set the tone' for showing off etc. I should also have left 'my safe' corner, where I sat with my personal friends and I should have moved over to find out more about my HC friends, but that conversation was 'taken over' and by that stage I had lost interest and was also too tired to bother

Each to their own: we all contribute something to this large kaleidoscope of humanity. You live and learn.
    Yes, I did learn a few lessons and keep surprising myself, too.

Have fun - tomorrow?
    my outing is off, as son-in-law has bad cold
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.