hi @big e - good to hear from you!! It's gotten colder here as...

1. 17,692 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 140
    hi @big e - good to hear from you!! It's gotten colder here as well, although it's been a beautiful day - I mooched around a bit today, as I am still not feeling totally well. I did have my second Covid shot and had a reaction to that - and the niggly headaches and general sleepiness do not seem to want to leave me. Today I decided to simply allow myself some slack, even watched TV during the day and chanced upon the life and times of 'Harry Seidler' - with whose architectural office - or members thereof - I had a slight acquaintance in Sydney by virtue of meeting this one man at my local delicatessen store and he always tried to 'chat me up' - I had three children by then - haha - he would have been surprised - but he was probably just 'practicing' - as so many men in my generation did.

Harry Seidler was eventually given an award by his native city of Vienna and invited to design an amazing public housing project, which one can see from the U-Bahn - driving past, and it is glorious. He also designed and built some amazing buildings here in Perth and when I have overseas visitors I take them there - I should have taken @Parsifal, but there wasn't much time.

I was so sorry to see what is going on in Sydney (and NSW in general) re Covid - I have a granddaughter there, studying acting, but also working - of course she is not working now - but she will be missing out on her sister's wedding later this year. We are all sad about that, but there could be worse things.

You are wise in regard to communication - I am still hankering for the days, when we - when there still was a 'we' - had regular lunch- or dinner parties and 20 invitees was not uncommon, but our last place was much bigger than where I live now. I still like company, but can no longer manage the hard work connected with it. My one big dream - should I ever make it big in the stock market - is to employ a cook and driver - that would be the ultimate in luxury. Dream on .....

I hope you are keeping well and happy
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.