Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-73551

1. 18,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    @kingpins - those stories are most likely stored in the National Library in Canberra - I had occasion to request a taped interview with a lady who became a local celebrity (she was a humanitarian) - and was astonished when I went on-line to see the lists of information in their huge archive! If I ever get to Canberra again, I am going to visit the National Library! I would like to see Canberra again, it is beautiful!!

I didn't have it easy here either, believe you me - my husband went broke three times and one of my children still remembers that I once called 'molasses' "chocolate" which I had bought in a huge container (as animal feed) from a produce store. She duly opened her mouth and was disgusted, but later on had some every day along with her sisters, as part of breakfast.I had to find cheap ways of feeding my family, because money was so short. I discovered all sorts of things in supermarkets which the locals didn't eat, but I knew how to turn into good food - and managed to feed my family on a low budget.
    Luckily I remembered my mother's careful housekeeping.

i am not sure if the present generation is as lucky as you think - they will have to deal with climate change and many other changes to their lives which will ensue from the necessary adaptations to a hotter climate. Their jobs will depend on how adaptable they are and on their educational background and willingness to educate themselves further. They will need a lot of resilience.

This morning I heard an interview about the definite possibility that insects will - maybe - become part of humans' diet - but will definitely be used as animal feed. The need for protein will probably mean that eating meat will be restricted to 2-3 days per week and no longer daily, which is what our ancestors did, anyway.

Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.