Feel Better:Complain About Anything, page-73556

1. 18,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    @Parsifal - you do have interesting friends!! I used to have some amazing friends, but have moved around a lot and when I visit friends and family overseas, they regard me as risk-taking etc. - which I used to be

- not so much now - but I guess, having made contact on here with someone as secretive as @NoBoDe was regarded by my family and some on here as taking a great risk. The gentleman you met at my place exacted a promise from me to send a photograph of NBD and a message that i was still alive - as soon as my flight arrived and I had met him - which I did. NoBoDe was in his best dress-up gear which included his camouflage coat, boots, a strange many-cornered hat and a knobbly Shepherd's Crook - so I sent a photo as soon as I arrived - and they all freaked out.

Needless to say, my host turned out to be a total gentleman and kind and took me on amazing adventures in his car (el burro then) and on his 'hoss' - I had never been on a bike before - and I am heavier than him - so he was very brave and also protective.

I do not expect anything less from women, than men - generally speaking, but I would not do those life-threatening things you see on TV, but did some mountain climbing as a youngster - and if I lived in Europe, would have continued to seek out the mountains.

Incidentally, because she is in the news; Angela Merkel loved her mountains, she and her husband used to regularly go on walking tours with Reinhold Messner, the South Tyrolean mountaineer, of Mt Everest fame. I would say Angela Merkel is/was a risk taker from the beginning, getting into politics, ignoring the gender stuff, just getting on with the job, despite opposition.

Had I grown up in Aussie, I think i would have become a surfer - I love watching them, I admire them and I think it would be such a buzz to be riding a wave - especially when you watch the top surfers.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.