@NoBoDe - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TEACHING TO SUCK EGGS? I grew...

1. 17,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    @NoBoDe - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TEACHING TO SUCK EGGS? I grew up with that stuff and wouldn't be seen dead purchasing it in a tin or glass . . . .
    In fact tomorrow I am going to do my very simple Krautsalat - which is just an ordinary cabbage, cut finely on a mandolin, then cross-cut - and put into boiling water with salt, 1tspn sugar, some caraway seeds, 2tspn of vinegar in it and cooked for 1/2 to 1 minute - then water poured off (some saved) and allowed to stand - can be eaten warm, but much better at the end of day, this is the most amazing salad - if you feel lavish, you can add home-made mayonnaise at the finish - I never do.

But you have to allow it to stand in a cool place (fridge). Cabbage is such a versatile vegetable - I used to like eating the central hard bits, when Mum was cutting it up, same with cauliflower . . . all cabbage vegetables (cruciferous, I think is the term) are very healthful.

... and apple is vital to be added to blue cabbage - I have learnt to add cranberries from a jar and if available fresh, just at the finish for crunch.

Bon Appetit
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.