I can recall being introduced to Tahini by a friend (European...

1. 28,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    I can recall being introduced to Tahini by a friend (European background). I bought it and used it occasionally, but the oil on the top troubles me. Now I just dig in with my strong big spoon and mix it in. I know it is high in fat, but a single soup spoon is all that goes into the hummous so a jar lasts me for several months. I have never thought of using tahini for purposes other than making hummous but now I will consider it differently and use it more widely. I figure it best to buy the unhulled variety, given it is healthier. I wouldn't dream of consuming "large quantities" as warned against in the above article. Oh yes, forgot about the paprika which would pretty up the top of the dip. I do use the olive oil for the top though.

Wonder what the greenery is? lol. Could be some parsley? (from the internet) Doesn't matter much. Whatever you fancy and have at home would be just fine.

Another addition in some recipes is Cumin powder.

Hummus is one of the best healthy snacks. It makes the perfect dip for all your favorite fresh veggies, it makes such a delicious spread on sandwiches or wraps, and it also makes such a great addition to different bowls (like buddha bowls and shawarma bowls).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.